Now you can fly even higher than before in that small field by reducing drift time during recovery!
If you want to fly high altitude rockets in a small field, you`ll need it!
What is CPR? CPR is an altimeter based, two step parachute deployment system. Using a dual-deployment altimeter, the first chute (a small drogue) is deployed at apogee allowing for a fast but controlled descent. At approximately 400/800 feet, (user selectable) the altimeter fires a second charge deploying the main chute allowing for a soft landing.
The altimeter is centrally located in a special compartment within the main airframe. The drogue chute is ejected from a split-point in the airframe just above the fin/motor section while the main is ejected at the nose cone. Both chutes are deployed using our exclusive Piston Ejection System.
Just two simple yet strong anodized aluminum parts hold the altimeter and ejection charge cylinders as a self contained unit. Prep the assembly on a table, slip it into your rocket, screw the airframes together, and launch. Once assembled, the altimeter/charge cylinder assembly can be easily moved to another CPR3000 rocket, making it easy (and cost-effective, since you only need one altimeter) to fly CPR3000.
Click here to see how to modify many PML 2.1 through 3.9" diameter kits for CPR.
(NOTE: A CPR-based rocket must always be flown with the electronics installed. A CPR-based rocket cannot be flown with motor-based ejection).
Click here for the CPR Retrofit instructions in PDF format; 17.7Mb
What is CPR3000? The most complete Close Proximity Recovery System ever!
No need to purchase separate ejection systems, external safety switch, or drogue chute! Also includes a 16 page, fully illustrated, comprehensive assembly and user manual. These systems are perfect for retro-fitting into your existing rockets or for incorporating into your new designs.
Heres what you get:
- Complete altimeter bay assembly.
- Complete Threaded Airframe Coupler assembly made from 6061 aluminum with a blue anodized finish.
- All mounting hardware for the PML Co-Pilot or Transolve P6 altimeter. Mounts for Transolve P5 or P4 and Adept ALTS-25 altimeters sold separately below as CPR2K-FAM and -AAM.
- One set of fore and aft altimeter mount sealing O-rings provided; see CPR3K-OR-PK below for more information.
- Two complete ejection systems including charge canisters and holders. (Designed for E-matches. Charge cylinders for flash bulbs sold separately.)
- Dual piston systems.
- Drogue chute (or streamer) with tubular nylon shock cord.
- External safety switch and lead wires.
- 16-page fully illustrated comprehensive assembly and user manual.
| A: A small, yet very robust (rated at 6 amps) external safety switch is mounted to the airframe in the area between the two centering rings.
B: The CPR-3k system can be installed into any 2.1" through 3.9" airframe by simply using the appropriate centering rings and airframe coupler (included).
| F: This coupler adds a little strength to the joint but primarily acts to align the IDs of the two airframe sections.
G: The precision machined, aluminum threaded airframe coupler screws over the threaded sleeve to lock the airframes together and holds the altimeter/charge assembly within the altimeter tube.
| C:The soft vinyl charge cap fits snugly over the charge cylinder. No need for tape. They are inexpensive and will be sold by the dozen. (4) are included with the kit.
D:The charge cylinder snaps firmly into the charge holder and will not require tape to hold it. This design is intended to be used with electric matches and BP and can be re-used indefinitely. Optional Charge Cylinders are available for flash bulb use.
E:The mounts are designed specifically for the new PML Co-Pilot and the Transolve P6 altimeters. Optional mounts are available for the Transolve P5 or P4 and Adept ALTS-25 altimeters. Some re-work of the mounts may be needed for other brand altimeters. Contact the altimeter manufacturer for assistance in fitting their product to CPR3000. One set of fore and aft altimeter mount O-rings provided; see CPR3K-OR-PK below for more information.
CPR3000 Improvements Over CPR2000
- 6061 Aluminum Threaded Airframe Couplers many times stronger
- Safety switch included and more robust (stronger switch, and 6amp rating)
- Ejection Charge Cylinders
- included (as opposed to separate additional-cost parts in CPR2000)
- will not short out the leads as they are hi-temp plastic (unlike CPR2000 aluminum LES canisters)
- snap into holders (no need to tape in place)
- use e-matches (instead of flashbulbs, though flashbulb charge holders are available at additional cost if flashbulbs are preferred)
- cannot leak ejection gas into altimeter bay
- uses soft plastic caps to retain BP charge, not paper and tape.
- Altimeter mounts more robust, stronger.
- Can use five different altimeters with no modification; PML Co-Pilot, Transolve P6, Transolve P5 or P4 (optional mount) and Adept ALTS-25 (optional mount).
- O-ring seals to keep ejection gasses from altimeter bay. One set of fore and aft altimeter mount O-rings provided; see CPR3K-OR-PK below for more information.
- Much stronger mounting point for both threaded airframe coupler and fore piston.
- Revised and expanded instruction manual.
CPR-MAX = CPR3000 for Large-Diameter Rockets!
Our CPR system has been available in 2.1 through 3.9" diameter sizes for years. Our new CPR-MAX system was developed for 6" and 7.5" rockets. This system allows for redundant recovery system deployment for the purpose of safety and to protect your investment. If you`ve always wanted to add CPR3000-style recovery to your 6.0 or 7.5 inch kit, CPR-MAX is the answer!
The CPR-MAX system uses the same components as the CPR3000 system, but in a special design configured for large-diameter 6 and 7.5 inch airframes. CPR-MAX also features twin-altimeter design, which can be used either as the backup required for Level 3 flights or as a safety backup for regular sport flying. NOTE: CPR-MAX does not REQUIRE the use of two altimeters. It can safely and effectively be flown with only one. The second altimeter is a redundancy feature, not a requirement.
The CPR-MAX System contains nearly everything you need* to convert your existing rocket or as an enhancement to your own design. (NOTE: CPR-MAX does not include a drogue chute. See our Recovery Systems page to select a drogue chute).
*Altimeters, epoxy, ejection powder, and additional airframes (if required) not included.
Click here for CPR MAX instructions in PDF format; 3.0Mb