X-CaliburRegular price $104.95
Six fins, a large payload section, and PML`s standard G10 fins, QT airframe, and great quality make this a bird you`re sure to enjoy.
Another of our kits that can fly on lower-power motors, the PML X-Calibur! Comes standard with a 38mm motor mount, but can easily fly with 29mm motors using the motor retainer HAMR- 38-SET and the HAMR-38/29-ADPTR. Fly it low and slow on a G motor, or put in an I and watch the X-Calibur "disappear"!
• Pre-slotted Quantum Tube airframe
• 12" payload section
• Dura-Chute nylon parachute
• Plastic nosecone
• 38mm motor mount
• Piston ejection system
• G-10 fins
• Linear Rail Lugs for 10/10 launch rails
Diameter: 2.1" | Height: 46" | MMT: 38mm
Parachute: 30" | Payload: 12"
Fin Array: 6 unusual | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- X-Calibur Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 30 to 36 - $6.00
- X-Calibur Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Add HAMR-38/29-ADPTR Motor Adapter (for HAMR-38-SET) Save 10% - $18.85
- Substitute Phenolic Airframe (for DIY fiberglassing only; see Complete FAQ) - $8.00
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.