Little Lunar Express RocketRegular price $179.95
PML has taken rocketry back to the future with this kit! Based on the rockets of 1950`s SciFi movies, here`s the Little Lunar Express...
With it`s fin "wings" and tail, landing pods, and retro styling, this is one great-looking bird.
This 3.9" diameter rocket has the same standard high-quality features that go into every PML kit: G10 fins, piston ejection system, pre-slotted tailcone, and more. This is a great kit to add to your collection, and is sure to draw attention to the flying field!
Diameter: 3.9 | Height: 35" | MMT: 38mm
Parachute: oversized 54" | Payload: None
Fin Array: unusual 4 | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Little Lunar Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Add HAMR-38/29-ADPTR Motor Adapter (for HAMR-38-SET) Save 10% - $18.85
- Substitute Phenolic Airframe (for DIY fiberglassing only; see Complete FAQ) - $8.00
Add now and save:
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.