Our custom work includes everything from fin cutting and tube slotting through complete rocket design and builds for movie props and special effects.
DO YOU NEED CUSTOM PARTS MADE FOR YOUR SPECIAL PROJECT?
Nearly 30% of our orders include custom made parts. Whether you need a special ring cut or an entirely custom rocket design manufactured, we can probably do it for you! While we truly can help you build anything you can think of, before placing a custom order please review the PML Custom Work FAQ. We discuss some of the limitations and requirements of the custom process that you should be aware of.
You will be happy to know that we also have the fastest turn-around time on custom items in the entire industry. Custom tube slotting & cutting, special rings & bulk plates, and custom fin cutting usually ship between 48 and 72 hours from ordering. Below is a list of some of the custom work performed by Public Missiles, Ltd. on a regular basis.
Please call 920 892 0557 or email PML Central for a quote. When emailing, attach your dimensioned drawing in JPG or PDF format only.
BEFORE ORDERING CUSTOM COMPONENTS, PLEASE READ THIS:
Take a good look around our webstore. In some cases it is easier to make a slight redesign of your project so that you can use our stock or "easily modified" components. We have scores of these easily "modifiable" components that are simple to order and have a fast turn-around time.
These include but are not limited to:
• A through D series fins that can be made with any width fin tang
• Kit replacement fins (we can cut the tang "down" from standard but cannot make it larger)
• We can cut any tube you need to length. This includes all materials and all diameters and even coupler tubes.
• We have a nice selection of boat tails that we custom slot and cut for you to your specs
ROCKSIM FILES AND CUSTOM WORK:
We welcome customers forwarding us RockSim files of their projects, as it sometimes helps us understand what you’re after.
However, You still must provide us a detailed parts list of what you need, including cut lengths, diameters, etc. You must provide us with the same level of detail as if you had not included the rocksim file.
We do not “decipher” RockSim files to determine exactly which parts it contains. Look at the RockSim file as a way to help us understand your parts list, not a way to produce your parts list and measurement data.
• Tube cutting
• Tube slotting
• Tube dado slots
• Longer coupler tubes
• Centering rings to fit couplers
• Cluster centering rings
• Centering rings & bulkhead plates: 1/4" up to 3.9" diameter, 1/2" 9-ply for 6.0 through 11.4" dia.
• Custom G-10 fin cutting, any size and thickness to 0.188" (3/16"). Stock material thicknesses are 0.063", 0.093", 0.125", and 0.188". All run slightly thicker than listed. No special order thicknesses available.
• Cutting & slotting of certain plastic or composite nosecones (see Nosecones FAQ)
• Compression wrapped fiberglass airframe wrapping (see Airframes FAQ)
• Design and construction for movie special effects
For custom fins, you can use theCustom Fins Template or creat your own using the same dimensioning method. We accept JPG and PDF formats only. Be sure to fill out the form completely to avoid delays.
You MUST do one of the following three things regarding the fin tang specification for your fins or your order WILL be delayed!
1) Write "No Tang" on the custom fin template
2) Write the size of the airframe and the size of the motor mount on the custom fin template and we'll figure out the tang for you and make the fins with that size tang.
3) Write the size of the tang you want on the custom fin template
"Unusual" and large jobs...
Contact Frank directly to discuss possibilities and for quotes on large and/or unusual jobs such as movie props, DoD projects, research projects, mock-ups, scale replicas, etc. Also, see below for very large, high quality carbon fiber tubes!
Large Carbon Fiber Tubes...
Large diameter carbon fiber tubes for telescopes and other applications. We have a number of standard sizes ranging from 7.5 inches to 24 inches diameter and can create custom sizes as well.
CarbonScopeTubes.com is a now a stand-alone sister company of Public Missiles Ltd.