Explorer KitsRegular price $99.95
This four-foot sport flier is easy to build and fun to fly. Another perfect Level 1 certification kit!
The Explorer uses our 2.5-inch pre-slotted Quantum Tube airframe and G- 10 fibreglass fins. Soars to thousands of feet with G through I motors. The Explorer comes standard with a 38mm motor mount. If you want to fly the Explorer with 29mm motors, purchase the optional motor retainer HAMR-38-SET and the HAMR-38/29-ADPTR.
• Pre-slotted Quantum Tube airframe
• Dura-Chute nylon parachute
• Plastic nosecone
• 38mm motor mount
• Piston ejection system
• G-10 fins
• Linear Rail Lugs for 10/10 launch rails
Diameter: 2.5" | Height: 48" | MMT: 38mm
Parachute: 30" | Payload: None
Fin Array: 3 | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Explorer Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 30 to 36 - $6.00
- Explorer Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Add HAMR-38/29-ADPTR Motor Adapter (for HAMR-38-SET) Save 10% - $18.85
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.