Spitfire RocketRegular price $114.95
Classic styling and superb stability make the Spitfire a great choice for beginners and seasoned flyers alike.
Spitfire stands over 50" tall with a diameter of 3". It is designed to fly on high impulse G motors for Pre-Cert flights and most H and I motors for Cert 1 flights. The Spitfire comes standard with a 38mm motor mount.
• Pre-slotted Quantum Tube airframe
• Dura-Chute nylon parachute
• Plastic nosecone
• 38mm motor mount
• Piston ejection system
• G-10 fins
• Linear Rail Lugs for 10/10 launch rails
To use 29mm motors in a 38mm mount, purchase the optional easy to use HAMR-38- SET motor retainer and HAMR-ADPTR-38/29.
Diameter: 3.0" | Height: 50.7" | MMT: 38mm
Parachute: 36" | Payload: None
Fin Array: 3 | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Spitfire Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 36 to 48 - $6.00
- Spitfire Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Spitfire Upgrade, Add ADPTR-38/29-HAMR now and Save 10% - $18.85
- Substitute Phenolic Airframe (for DIY fiberglassing only; see Complete FAQ) - $8.00
- Upgrade to Pre-Glassed Phenolic Airframe for Spitfire - $73.00
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.