Phobos Rocket KitsRegular price $99.95
The Phobos is 2.1" ID, stands 57" tall and includes a 12 in. payload section.
With its 12" payload section, it can loft a payload to thousands of feet on G, H, and I motors. If you choose to purchase the Phobos with a 38mm MMT but may want to use 29mm motors, purchase the optional motor retainer HAMR-38-SET and the HAMR-38/29-ADPTR.
• Pre-slotted Quantum Tube airframe
• 12" payload section
• Dura-Chute nylon parachute
• Plastic nosecone
• 29mm motor mount (38mm optional)
• Piston ejection system
• G-10 fins
• Linear Rail Lugs for 10/10 launch rails
Download Motor Recommendations
Diameter: 2.1" | Height: 57" | MMT: 29mm
Parachute: 30" | Payload: 12"
Fin Array: 3 | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
The PHOBOS is a tall and fast rocket kit for Pre-Cert & Level 1 flights. This rocket stands 57" tall, is 2.1" in diameter and has a 3 fin design. This rocket comes standard with a 29mm motor mount and can fly on F thru I motors. At ~32 oz., the 30" parachute is sized right for the stock kit to make a safe landing under most field conditions. This kit comes standard with our exclusive Linear Rail Lugs for use with 80/20 brand launch rails. The stock airframe is ideal for flights up to approx. 0.85 Mach.
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Upgrade Phobos to 38mm Motor Mount - Free!
- Phobos Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 30 to 36 - $6.00
- Phobos Upgrade, Add HAMR-29 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $24.60
- Phobos Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Add HAMR-38/29-ADPTR Motor Adapter (for HAMR-38-SET) Save 10% - $18.85
- Substitute Phenolic Airframe (for DIY fiberglassing only; see Complete FAQ) - $5.00
- Upgrade to Pre-Glassed Phenolic Airframe for Phobos - $82.00
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.