Intruder RocketRegular price $159.95
Styled much like an exo-atmospheric cruise missile of the future, this sleek three-inch diameter kit is destined to become a favourite for both Level 1 and 2 rocketeers.
The Intruder comes standard with a 38mm motor mount and can fly on motors H through I power. To use 29mm motors in a 38mm mount, purchase the optional easy to use HAMR-38- SET motor retainer and HAMR-ADPTR-38/29. The Intruder is packed with all the usual PML high-quality features...
• Pre-slotted Quantum Tube airframe
• Dura-Chute nylon parachute
• Plastic nosecone
• 38mm motor mount
• Piston ejection system
• G-10 fins
• Linear Rail Lugs for 10/10 launch rails
Diameter: 3.0" | Height: 58" | MMT: 38mm
Parachute: 48" | Payload: 9"
Fin Array: 5 unusual | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Intruder Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 48 to 54 - $10.00
- Intruder Upgrade, Add HAMR-38 Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $28.00
- Add HAMR-38/29-ADPTR Motor Adapter (for HAMR-38-SET) Save 10% - $18.85
- Substitute Phenolic Airframe (for DIY fiberglassing only; see Complete FAQ) - $8.00
- Upgrade to Pre-Glassed Phenolic Airframe for Intruder - $97.00
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.