Ariel RocketRegular price $148.95
Ariel is a nice looking, easy to build kit with a 9" payload bay. Great for Level 1 and Level 2 flights!
This sleek rocket stands 58" tall and weighs approximately 51 oz. Its stable design will allow you to lift a medium-sized payload to many thousands of feet using G through J motors! Comes with a "Kwik-Switch" motor mount.
• Pre-slotted Quantum Tube airframe
• Dura-Chute nylon parachute
• Plastic nosecone
• Kwik-Switch interchangeable motor mount
• Piston ejection system
• G-10 fins
• Linear Rail Lugs for 10/10 launch rails
Diameter: 3.0" | Height: 58" | MMT: 54/38/29mm Kwik-Switch
Parachute: 36" | Payload: 9"
Fin Array: 3 (Nike style) | Fin Thickness: 0.06"
Below you will find a number of upgrade options. Upgrading the parachute size may be necessary if you intend to build heavy or have a hard landing surface (i.e. gravel, pavement, desert playa, etc.). Some motors will accelerate this rocket to transonic or even supersonic velocities. Under these conditions, this kit may require the fin upgrade, foam encapsulation of the fin root, as well as other advanced construction skills.
- Ariel Parachute Upgrade (For Hard Surface Landings) from 36 to 48 - $6.00
- Ariel Upgrade, Add HAMR-KS Motor Retainer now and Save 15% - $39.90
- Substitute Phenolic Airframe (for DIY fiberglassing only; see Complete FAQ) - $8.00
- Upgrade to Pre-Glassed Phenolic Airframe for Ariel - $97.00
- Epoxy, Quick-Cure (5 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Mid-Cure (15 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Epoxy, Slow-Cure (30 min) - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
- Adjustable Density Expanding Foam - $16.99 (Normally $18.99)
It is prudent to sim your kit/motor combination using the actual weight of your finished model to determine max velocity, altitude, ejection delay, etc. This will allow you to make an informed decision when selecting a suitable motor for your rocket. Please download and read the PML FAQ and/or consult with a NAR or Tripoli certified member to ensure your flights are fun and safe.